Tuesday, November 4, 2008

cheers

As I speak, there are students out on the street cavorting, positive that Obama will take tonight's election. I hope he does. Either way, I imagine Americans will be turning to an age old American pastime to celebrate-or cope with-the results: drinks! If you're not planning to bust out the bubbly, why not a vintage cocktail instead? I have to admit, this Brandy Daisy, from Dorothy Myerson's Homemaker's Handbook, a vintage guide to housewifery I've mentioned before is a relatively simple concoction (translation: you're much more likely to have the ingredients on hand), but the name was just too cute to skip over. The precise measurements our author provides are just too much! I'm too keyed up to break out the shaker, but if you do, let me know how it turns out.



general housewifery is participating in National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo).

No comments: